question-icon

Is soreness in nipples a symptom of pregnancy?

Posted on Wed, 18 Mar 2015
Question: I take Lo Ovral birth control pills but my husband has had a vasectomy. I've always taken the pills on time but this month, my prescription had run out so I was a week late starting my pills. My nipples are very sore, do you think I could be pregnant?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga (33 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Considerations

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query,

Pregnancy is always a remote possibility - if this is a concern a simple over the counter pregnancy test may be adequate.,

I suspect your symptoms may be due to a hormonal fluctuation causing the soreness in the area of the nipples.

I would suggest a pregnancy test and continue your birth control pills daily as prescribed.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga
Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist