Is smoking Methamphetamine advisable during pregnancy?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 7 Apr 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Ok I got a friend that came to me about her sister she is almost 28wks pregnant due XXXXXXX 6th she lasted smoked meth today she is wanting to know if the baby will test positive when born XXXXXXX 1st by c section. I'm trying to get information for her but don't wanna give her wrong information.. Please help me give her write information
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Single shot don't harm.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Single shot don't harm to the baby but Smoking meth repeatedly can lead to increased tolerance, physical and psychological dependence, and addiction. Repeated exposure to this harmful substance can create severe changes in brain structure and functioning as well, which may chronically impact cognition and emotions.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng