question-icon

Is smoking Marijuana safe with history of aorta valve replacement surgery?

Posted on Mon, 16 May 2016
Question: I had aorta valve replacement surgery on February 12th, would it hurt me to smoke a good indica in the evening?
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain (35 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
No real trouble for the ideal, quitting from it confers long term benefits

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query

Smoking is a cardiovascular risk factor for sure. The effect however is cumulative for having been exposed to smoke for quite some time.

I do not think only smoking for the evening changes anything much, especially in terms of risk with regards to the surgery. I think no real worry with regards to that.

However, making up your mind and taking a decision to cease from smoking is ideal.

thanks and kind regards,

Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain (1 hour later)
I was referring to medical marijuana. Are your answers the same?
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain (5 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Same. should not be a serious cause for worrying

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the update

I think it should not cause any trouble. However, it does increase the rate at which the heart beats in some people.

It should not be an issue .

Thanks and kind regards

Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain