Is smoking Marijuana safe while on Metronidazole?
are the prescription amounts different depending on sex?
Welcome and thanks for the query.
There is no interaction between Metronidazole and marijuana. There is interaction with alcohol.
The dose of Metronidazole does not vary with sex but with the indication for which it is taken. Dose in children is also different from adults.
Was this prescription for Trichomonas vaginalis?
This organism infects vagina and is transmitted sexually. Here the woman is prescribed a dose for eradicating the infection and man for a carrier.
So the treatment is correct as the woman is the infected person and the man is only a carrier.
The respective doses are sufficient to get rid of the organism in both.
Do get back to me if you have further queries.
Wish you both a good day and good health.
Dr Noble Zachariah
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Safe smoke marijuana while on dialysis
- Is it safe to smoke marijuana while im in mirena?
- Smoking marijuana while on ciprofloxacin
- Smoking marijuana while on antidepressants
- Smoking marijuana while on mirena
- Smoking marijuana while pregnant
- Is azithromycin and smoking marijuana safe?
- Can you smoke cigarettes while taking metronidazole
- Is it safe to smoke marijuana while taking gabapentin?
- Smoking weed while taking metronidazole
- Can hepatitis C be cured?
- Does tonsillitis cause systemic infection or UTI?
- Suggest treatment for liver cirrhosis
- What causes pain in right side and pain radiating to lower back?
- What causes sharp pain in rib cage below shoulder blade?
- What causes rhythmic contraction of the diaphragm?
- What is the treatment for radiculopathy?
- Is Zentel to be taken before or after a meal?
- What causes pain in upper abdomen radiating to left side?
- How long Lupron injections need to be continued for prostate cancer?