Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

189 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Is smoking Marajuana harmful with stent in legs?

Answered by
Dr. Anshul Varshney

Internal Medicine Specialist

Practicing since :2009

Answered : 3072 Questions

Posted on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Drug Abuse
Question: is smoking marajuana harmful after stent inlegs?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should not

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I have read your query in detail. I understand your concern.

In general, smoking nicotine and even marajuhana are responsible for increase in blood viscosity leading to peripheral vascular disease, heart attack and stroke.
Since you have been already suffering from peripheral vascular disease, and that too that severe leading to stenting, so smoking marajhuana is not at all advisable for you.

However, it is said, that it is less harmful then nicotine in regard to the above mentioned problems. But in your case since you already have peripheral vascular disease, I won’t advise you smoking it at all.

Life is more precious then such enjoyments.

This is my best advise for you based on available details.
If you have any further query, feel free to ask me.
Stay Healthy.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  

Recent questions on Heart attack

doctor1 MD

My brother is having a heart cath tomorrow. Apparently he has had a heart attack sometime in the last ten years.

His heart rate has become uncontrollable with meds and sontinues to beat at 131. He said the doctor told him some rate (he couldn't remember) was at 25 and should be higher. Can you perhaps clarify what this may mean?

doctor1 MD

I used to be a body builder and took some steroids. I have had 2 heart attacks and a quadruple bypass, and still get very out of breath. I am overweight now with not being able to exercise! but the main problem is I think i do not produce enough testosterone, and to much estrogen as my man boobs are really large in comparison with my body. I am on lots of heart tablets, and type 2 diabetic also. Can you help?

doctor1 MD

My father had a heart attack 4 months ago in Russia and after unsuccessful angeoplasty attempt, his emergency doctor had treated him beside other things with Plaviks, Lipitor, Metoprolol-all of which he continues to take todate. Cardio-care is no longer available to him, and he is under immence muscle weakness and pain. His blood test established high levels of creatine. What is his best plan to balance between his heart medications and other health concerns? Can he stop the cholesterol drug and replace it with something else? Thank you for your help.


doctor1 MD

I live in a cigarette smoking building--I am very allergic to it or sensitive--my heart jumps in my chest at times, then beats up to 120 beats a minute. I'm trying to move, but it's very expensive and I dont have a job. My grandfather died of a heart attack at 78-he was a chain smoker, so not a lot of heart disease on my mom's side. I didnt know my fathers side of the family. Actually my uncle died of a massasive heart attack at 48--Im 47--that was on my mom's side.

doctor1 MD

A cat scan for the lungs revealed atherosclerosis of the great vessels , aorta and coronary arteries. Aorta and pulmonary arteries are normal in caliber. Heart and and pericardium are within normal limits. There are no significant mediastinal or...

doctor1 MD

My father is 91 and his systolic is 228. Don't know the other number. Should I worry?

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, I have had some wisdom tooth pain and went to doctor, he advised me to use hydrogen preoxide one week and lets try the infection go. He took xray of wisdom tooth and said all other looks good. He further said as I have never been to...