Is slight yellow vaginal discharge a symptom of yeast infection?

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Thu, 22 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hi I recently started to notice a slight vaginal discharge. No big deal I thought probably just a yeast infection. I am a drug user so my body chemistry often goes haywire. However I've noticed two different changes in the discharge. First there is a slight yellowish tinge to it accompanied by a strange odor. The second is a pinkish red color like the beginning or end of a period. I do not get a period every month only about three a year. I'm afraid and am currently doing a regimen of monistat 3 hoping it goes away.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
mixed vaginosis

Detailed Answer:
thanks for the query to HCM,
This is definitely a MIXED VAGINOSIS infection as evident by yellowish tinge and foul smell. The delayed and irregularity in the menses is likely to be due to PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome in your case which can be ruled out wit a hormonal profile and an ultrasound pelvis.
However instead of Monistat , you should be on combined CLOTRIMAZOLE AND CLINDAMYCIN vaginal pessaries like TAB NUFORCE CD3 vaginal pessary x once at night per vaginum application x 6 nights. This would be more helpful. However to confirm infection you must get a vaginal swab culture done to isolate the organisms to be sure of the diagnosis.