Is slight mucus in stool normal?
Slight amount of mucus in the stool is normal
I understand your concern. A small amount of clear (sometimes yellow) mucus in the stool, with no other bowel symptoms, is considered normal.
A noticeable increase in mucus in the stool, accompanied by symptoms such as changes in bowel movements such as constipation and or diarrhea, pain, cramping or bloating, blood in the stool would be concerning and would need further evaluation.
Hence, if you notice the above-mentioned symptoms please see a doctor.
I hope this answers your question. You are welcome to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Normal stool on neocate and now frequent loose stools
- Slight blood and mucus in stool
- Difficulty passing stools soft stools normal colonoscopy
- Slight blood on stool
- Slight bloody mucus in stool
- Stool exam normal values stool analysis
- Intermittent hard stools and normal stools
- Passing stool frequently normal stools
- Normal stool followed by loose stool
- Slightly greenish stool