question-icon

Is sleeping on sides safe during last trimester?

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016
Question: Hello Dr. Patra,
I am in Week 31 of pregnancy. I am unable to sleep on my either side(Right or left) because I feel lot of baby movements. Is it safe to continue sleeping on my side although I feel them. Please advice on the same.

Thanks,
XXXXX
Answered by Dr. S Patra (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
U can sleep on either side.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear,

Thanks for writing to us. I understand your concern.

In this time, baby movements will be more and you can feel them better. You just count on daily basis and it should be more than 10 in 12 hrs.

You can sleep on either side (left or right), what in you feel comfortable. There is nothing to worry.

Do periodic check up to your doctor and take proper nutritious diet with prescribed medicines.

Hope, it helps for you. Wish your good health and take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Dr. S Patra

OB & GYN Specialist