Is skipping of 5th Rabies shot recommendable after bitten by vaccinated pet dog?
Immediately I consulted a doctor, and she prescribed TT and Rabipur.
I got Rabipur shots on 3rd, 7th day. I am going to get a shot on the 14th day.
However, I am travelling to the US and will not be available in XXXXXXX for taking the 5th shot on the 28th day.
Would you recommend skipping the 28th vaccine. If it is recommended to take the 28th-day shot, can I take any rabies vaccination available there locally?
Kindly provided the best solution for my problem.
P.S: The dog is healthy till date
It is better to take 28th day shot.
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
No need to worry much for rabies because the dog is pet animal, well vaccinated and it is healthy.
So no harm if you skip 28th day shot of rabies.
But better to finish your rabies shots because this will give you future protection also.
So I recommend you to take your 28th day rabies shot, don't skip it.
You will easily get it in US.
Trade name is safe. E Rabi Pure. You must have given your rabies card indicating days and days of your shots.
You can show that card in US and get vaccine shot there.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is it urgent to get vaccinated of anti rabies after being bitten by a dog
- Alcohol after rabies vaccine
- Rabies vaccine for dogs and lactation
- Anti rabies vaccination after dog bit smoking
- After effects of rabies vaccine
- After taking rabies vaccine a dog bites again
- Splenectomy vaccine rabies dog
- Numbness after rabies vaccine
- Bath after rabies dog vaccine
- After rabies vaccination r dogs safe