question-icon

Is sinus surgery advisable for nasal polyps?

Posted on Fri, 12 Aug 2016
Question: in reference to my query on nasal polyp attach ia report.
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma (47 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Better to go for the FESS, histopathological examination and regular follow

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
I have gone through your question, reports and understand your concern and I personally suggest you that you may go for the functional endoscopic sinus surgery, histopathological examination of that polyp tissue and regular follow up with nasal endoscopy is mandatory for you.

Most probably you may be suffering from the allergic polyp condition therefore I would like to personally suggest that after surgery you may follow the below strategies to prevent the recurrence of the disease.
1. Manage allergies and asthma by using the steroid nasal spray and or anti allergic medicines.
2. Avoid nasal irritants such as allergens, tobacco smoke, chemical fumes, and dust and fine debris.
3. Use a nasal rinse or nasal lavage such Netiwash or Nasowash.

Dr Hariom Sharma MS, XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Hariom Sharma

ENT Specialist