Is shrugging the shoulders and turning the head in an infant normal?
Such behavioral changes could be triggered by childhood stress
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone through the details but would need you to clarify if there is some specific trigger which makes him shrug his shoulders or does it seem completely random. Also clarify what you mean by 'turning of head'. Stress in children can give rise to various behavioral changes which can be an underlying coping mechanism. There is a possibility that the separation of his parents is actually the cause of such behavioral changes. The main thing to be done is to properly reassure him and help him to deal better with the current situation. Psychotherapy (basically a talking therapy) is usually found to be greatly helpful in such situations and I will insist you to take him to a child psychologist since that will help him develop better coping mechanisms.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Infant mouth turn black
- Infant lips turn blak
- Do shoulder shrugs work out the triceps
- Infant tongue turns black
- Infant lips turning white
- Lips turning black in infant
- Involuntary shoulder shrugging
- Got head shaved ne hair turning grey normal
- Is it normal for an infant head to sweat during sleep
- Is penis head turning greenish normal