Is shoulder replacement surgery effective?
You can consider shoulder replacement surgery
Thanks for your query.
From description it seems that your husband might develop secondary osteoarthritis of shoulder joint. As pain is severe and persist even after long physical therapy,you can consider shoulder replacement surgery at this point. He would be able to get more mobility and function back and it would ease his pain as well.
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
Return to desk work within 2-3 weeks
Thanks for your query again.
He can usually return to desk work within 2-3 weeks from the time of surgery. Heavier work is forbidden for four months or more. Fractured humerus would not negatively impact the replacement surgery. During replacement, removal of pins might be required.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Partial shoulder replacement exercises
- Infection after shoulder replacement surgery
- How successful are shoulder replacements
- Reverse shoulder replacement exercises
- Swelling after shoulder replacement surgery
- Reverse total shoulder replacement problems
- Reverse total shoulder replacement outcomes
- Have osteoarthritis had shoulder replacement surgery weakness in knees
- Rehabilitation after shoulder replacement surgery
- Total shoulder replacement precautions
- Done with X ray of medial malleolus. Is it correctly aligned?
- Diagnosed with high uric acid level. Experiencing pain in collar bone....
- Hit middle finger from racket. No swelling but have pain. Having pain...
- Have slight swelling on right hand side below knee cap. Have tightness...
- Fell and right side of back was hit. Bruised and have scratches. Hurting...
- Had a quartazone injection, unable to sleep. Side effect?
- Have back pain between shoulder blades that radiates around side and...
- Have shoulder pain, told to be fibrosis and given tablets. Started again...
- Experiencing dull pain on knees, specially when lifting weights. Suggest?
- Hit right hand fingers against a wall. Experiencing stiffness and pain....