Is sexual aversion disorder a type of phobia?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Sexual Problems
Question: Do you see sexual aversion disorder as it is or is it like a phobia?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Sexual aversion disorder is characterized by a lack of desire, fear, revulsion, disgust, or similar emotions when the person with the disorder engages in genital contact with a partner.
It is not usually related to any phobia. Sexual aversion is considered a sexual dysfunction and the person has a lack or absence of sexual fantasies and desire for sexual activity, as judged by a clinician.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.