question-icon

Is severe pain in the legs associated with an overuse injury?

Posted on Fri, 18 Jan 2019
Question: Having bad leg pain in both my legs...twitching...They ache....its getting pretty painful..im 34 female ..could be overuse but idk...esp ehen im off my feet it hurts worse

---------------------------------------------

Hi...thanks...do you think I should see a doctor also...I cant sleep because they hurt so much...but i will. do ice too. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam (45 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Rest ice compression and elevation.

Detailed Answer:

You are complaining of typical exhaustion. If you overwork your leg muscles more than they can work they tend to lose oxygen and build up acid inside them.

I suggest to rest for a day or two, elevate the limbs and put ice for the pain.

Increase the amount of non-caffeinated fluids for a couple of days in fact electrolytes are good too.

Hope this answers.

Regards.

Brief Answer:
Doctor visit.

Detailed Answer:

Do icing, elevation and compress the painful area with crepe band. It eases the pain.

Simultaneously you can also pop up Tylenol which helps.

If it does not help you can see a doctor anyway.

Hope this answers.

Dr. Suma Parinam, General & Family Physician
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam