Is severe pain in the knee indicative of early osteoarthritis?
Can be minor capsular inflammation.
Thanks for posting your query.
At your young age, the pain in the knee is more likely to be due to stress related minor capsular inflammation rather than decrease in the joint lubricants. This is not likely to be due to osteoarthritis.
The mild inflammation of the knee after some activity mostly subsides by taking antiinflammatory agents and mild pain killers like ibuprofen. In some cases for acute problem muscle relaxants like thiocolchicoside are needed after consulting with your orthopaedician.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Slightly twisted knee and now severe pain
- Early osteoarthritis can be cured
- Suggest remedy for severe pain in the knee
- Severe pain when bending knee
- Severe pain above knee cap
- Have very severe pain in the knee
- Severe pain in the knees and thighs cause
- Sever pain in knee feels heavy
- Severe pain in left knee
- Knee and heel pain x ray confirms early osteoarthritis treatment
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?