Is severe abdominal pain at night a cause for concern?
Gastric discomfort / gastritis
Thank you for asking
Pain in upper part of abdomen at night in bed is likely a gastric discomfort like gastritis or acid reflux. Take some antacids, pepto and modify diet and lifestyle. Avoid lying down after meals, eat small frequent meals, avoid triggers like spices, stimulants, processed and canned foods, coffee, chocolates etc. Prefer fibrous food, plenty of fluids and see if it helps. Its not worrisome.
With history of OCD, anxiety and panic attacks may mimic epigastric pain as well and should be considered in differential too. Talk to your doctor and let them decide what is best for you.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
Needs further work up
Thank you for getting back to me
With mentioning of raised liver enzymes, yes the pain can be attributed to liver causes and should be evaluated further for the etiology. Gallbladder or pancreas or gastric discomforts like ulcers etc can also lead to slight raised liver enzymes. Unless the liver enzymes are significantly high at least 2 to 3 times of normal values, they are not significant. Talk to your doctor and let them work you up further in this regard.
Take care XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can indigestion cause moderate or severe abdominal pain
- What causes delayed periods with sever abdominal pain
- Can constipation cause severe abdominal pain
- What causes diarrhoeaconstipationfrequent urination and severe abdominal pain
- What causes severe abdominal pain
- What causes severe abdominal pain on coughing and sneezing
- Loestrin and severe abdominal pain
- What is the cause of severe abdominal pain and nausea
- What causes blood in vomiting with severe abdominal pain
- Severe abdominal pains causes