Is schizophrenia a contagious disorder?
schizophrenia is hereditary.
Welcome to HCM.
I can understand your concerns.
Schizophrenia is not a contagious disorder. I mean to say that marriage does not increase the risk of schizophrenia in women. Neither does delivery.
But yes, schizophrenia is hereditary.
Woman having schizophrenia can get pregnant just like any other woman.
There is 13% risk of child getting schizophrenia when one parent has schizophrenia.
This means that 13 out of every 100 children born to a schizophrenic parent can develop schizophrenia sometime in their life.
Hope this answers your query satisfactorily.
Feel free to ask further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs/medication for schizophrenia spectrum disorder
- Diagnosed with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia taking treatment suggestions
- Treatment and cure for schizophrenia spectrum disorder
- Brain bleed depression schizophrenia effective disorder suggestion
- What is paranoid schizophrenia disorder
- Schizophrenia spectrum disorder causes
- How to distinguish between schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
- Diagnosis of schizophrenia spectrum disorder
- What is the treatment for bipolar disorder and schizophrenia
- Symptoms of schizophrenia spectrum disorder