Is ringing sensation in the ears a withdrawal symptom of Flurazepam?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017

Cardiologist
Question
stopped taking Flonase and Flarazepam 30 mg abruptly 3 weeks ago to go
through Adrenal disorders tests terrible withdrawal side effects tiredness, high
blood pressure, loud ringing from in my ears. How to solve withdrawal from Flurazepam what if I will
take 15 mg Flurazepam will it stop ringing in ears?
Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly refer to the detailed answer

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the information provided by you I understand your concern and would like to tell you that ringing sensation in the ears is not a side effect of flurazepam and can be taken as anxiolytic.

Common side effects of Flurazepam can be dizziness, drowsiness, lethargy and light headedness, and elderly patients are prone to side effects of benzodiazepines.

Kindly consult with a Psychiatrist for further management.

Hope to have been helpful.

Kind Regards
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Follow-up: Is ringing sensation in the ears a withdrawal symptom of Flurazepam? 1 hour later
I know these things I need an advice if I should go back to Flurezipam and take smaller dose as 15 mg I cant get to Psychiatrist right the way it will take 3 months

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello again

Detailed Answer:
It's a habit forming drug and it's not advisable to continue it without proper medical guidance. However if symptoms are quite bothersome then it's advisable to take the medicine and slowly reduce the dose and finally tapper it off over a corse of couple of months.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap

Follow-up: Is ringing sensation in the ears a withdrawal symptom of Flurazepam? 5 hours later
yes the ringing and other side effects has to do with Flurizipam withdrawal when
it was on back order and I took something else I had the same symptoms so
this medication forcing me to go back to it even I don't want to.
you tried but its not your field!

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
You are not trying to understand, treating a psychotic drug withdrawl is not that simple and it requires proper expert guidance.

Above that you won't be able to get these drug without a proper written prescription orders.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap

Follow-up: Is ringing sensation in the ears a withdrawal symptom of Flurazepam? 2 hours later
I have written prescription order for 15 mg only for one month.
Your last answer was good. I knew that but wanted to be sure.
I was put on it for Insomnia 10 years ago it doesn't treat Insomnia
because it has high half short life 250 hours.
Best,

XXXX

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
The only recommended documented use of Flurazepam is the treatment of Insomnia.

It's elimination half life is 48 to 120 hrs. And it reaches its peak plasma concentration in 0.5 to 3 hrs.

One month prescription won't be enough to treat the withdrawl symptoms. After one month again the trouble will arise. Now you have to decide whether you want to treat the problem yourself or take a proper guided help.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap

Follow-up: Is ringing sensation in the ears a withdrawal symptom of Flurazepam? 6 hours later
Its never helped me! slept with medications only 3 hours sleeping better with
Magnizum Citrate will have to go back to it on 15 mg and try to get prescription.
Your respond before wasn't informative I like the latest 2 advises.
Do you give prescription as well if yes how much does it cost?

Best,

XXXX

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
Am thankful to you for understanding my point.

Ma'am cost is not an issue. I would like to give without any charges but the laws of the state and medical ethics do not allow me to issue prescriptions without a physical examination. I can just help you here by giving my opinion and guidance.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap