Is rib pain symptomatic of diabetes?
About your concerns;
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone carefully through your concern.
The pain on the right side rib is not connected to Diabetes. It suggests for costocondritis ( inflammation of the head of the rib) that needs treatment with anti inflammatory tablets ( naproxen).
Regarding to cramps, you need to check electrolites ( Calcium, magnesium and kalium) to rule out electrolite disturbances.
If it is located at the inferior extremities than an doppler ultrasound of the arteries would be helpful to rule out atherosclerosis (a chronic complication of Diabetes) caused by Diabetes.
Hope the information will help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?