Is retinol, citalopram and caffeine harmful for foetus?
Thanks for the query.
according to studies,
retinol belongs to category C according to FDA in pregnancy, means animal studies shown risks to fetus and sufficient human studies are lacking, in some cases congenital malformations reported after using retinol but exact association is not noted.
citalopram: is also category C drug in pregnancy, it is said to be harmful in the third trimester of pregnancy, preterm labor risk has been reported because of this,
caffeine: it is not particularly categorized, though it may not cause birth defects it can increase pregnancy symptoms like nausea etc
so you once consult gynecologist and confirm your pregnancy and go for ultrasound to detect the status of the fetus, if everything is normal and your doctor advices to continue the pregnancy you continue with regular checkups and ultrasound examinations, so that any problem can be identified early and necessary treatment can be taken.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Benefits of retinol
- Can flucloxacillin harm foetus
- Is lupride harmful to the foetus
- Are cashew nuts harmful to the foetus
- Can femulen harm foetus
- Retinol for wrinkles
- Sensitive to retinol
- Is azithral 500mg harmful for foetus
- Does primolut usuage cause any harm to the foetus
- Is retinol citalopram and caffeine harmful for foetus
- EMG report enclosed. Feeling warm hands & face, hematuria, stiffness,...
- Irritable sensation on the tongue. Poor perception of smell and taste....
- Took Ipill a while after period. How long will the affect last? Will it...
- What is the meaning of high eosinophil levels?
- Use multivitamins when stressed and depressed. Why is my face red and...
- Periods not stopping, light flow, cramping, losing weight, tests normal....
- Infrequent Stomach pain, nausea. Had Appendicitis inflammation. Are they...
- Can pomegranate be taken during pregnancy?
- Low platelet count due to Epstein-Barr viral infection. Swollen lymph...
- Egg ruptured, missed period. Taking Krimson35, asked to stop this....