Is retinal detachment considered an urgent medical condition requiring prompt treatment?
Considered one of the eye emergencies, so need to be seen.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
A detached retina is considered an eye emergency situation and would need assessment as soon as possible.
It would be best to go to the ER or contact your ophthalmologist if they have an emergency service.
It is quite possible, with proper treatment that you will be perfectly fine and the eye will be repaired.
I hope it helps!
Dr. Michelle Gibson James,
General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs/medication for retinal detachment
- Treatment and cure for tractional retinal detachment
- Treatment and cure for frank retinal detachment
- Laser and silicone treatment of retinal detachment
- Treatment and cure for partial retinal detachment
- Treatment and cure for bullous retinal detachment
- Treatment and cure for significant retinal detachment
- What is the best treatment for retinal detachment
- Retinal detachment treatment
- Treatment and cure for retinal detachment