Is resting heart rate of 120 and high fever a cause for concern?
Hello and welcome,
Tachycardia is common with a high fever. Heart rate also increases with dehyrdration and with pain.
Without the advantage of seeing her or knowing how high her fever is or other symptoms (such as neck pain, cough, light headedness), I would say yes, take her in to be seen tonight.
If you have already given her Advil or Tylenol and she continues to be in this state, yes, take her in.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Persisting high fever causes
- Racing heart high fever
- Can nitrofurantoin cause a high fever
- High fever causes
- Intermittent high fever causes
- Causes of high fever in infants
- Seizures caused by high fever
- Child racing heart and high fever
- Child with high fever and pounding heart
- High fever nausea causes