Is redness of skin persistent when diagnosed with erythrodermic psoriasis?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 15 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: In erthrodermic psoriasis does the redness come and go or is it constant. Is your skin just red or does it have a thickness to it? Mine comes and goes. It is most prominate at night.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Psoriatic erythroderma is constant; not evanscent

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I have gone through your query and I have noted down concern.

In erythrodermic psoriasis redness is not as short lived so as to disappear within a few hours and then reappear again. It is constant and can last for days or sometimes weeks together. Involved skin in erythroderma is thickened/ infiltrated because of inflammation and edema.