Is reddish discharge from breast after FNAC test normal?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I am 26 year married woman having one 3 years old kid. From last 4-5 weeks i feeling pain in my left breast and there is some yellowish discharge also from left nipple.I consulted my gynecologist and she suggested for mammography and reffered to a surgeon. Surgeon advised for FANC test and confirmed that I have fiberedenoma and prescribed primosa and evion tablets for 15 days. Last few days dischrge colored reddish
And after yesterday FANC test and taking dose of medicines it is bloody red. It is normal ..? What should I take further treatment.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NORMAL FOR A FEW DAYS AFTER FNAC

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
The reddish discharge would be due to the FNAC done.
IT is normal to have it for a few days after FNAC.
The FNAC result is fibroadenoma, so there is nothing to worry.
Primosa and EVion is the perfect treatment for it.
Please do not worry further.
If the blood stained discharge persists beyond a week, please see your doctor again.
All the best