Is red orange light watery vaginal discharge a concern?

Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 4 Jul 2016 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Question: Please help me. I usually have a regular 27 to 29 day cycle. I started with very light bleeding this cycle on day 20 I am currently on day 28 and still have this very light bleeding. It is like a watery red orange and brown colour. I am trying to conceive but pregnancy test is negative I am worried about this unusual bleeding and it has been for 8 days (some days it just like spotting only when I wipe other days a pantyliner will do me all day). My actual period usually lasts 5 days. At first I thought maybe its implantation bleeding but since pregnancy test negative and it been for so long I have ruled it (should I rule pregnancy out?). Please help I am worried sick what is wrong with me. I have recently had a Kenalog injection for Hayfever (this has never bothered me before).

I am losing weight to try and conceive BMI was 43 it is now 40 and I am changing my diet to keep losing weight. I am worried at being 40 I have left it too late for a baby.

I am under a fertility specialist who says me and husband are healthy and no problems.

Clearblue fertility monitor only ever shows Low and High never Peak is this a problem my Consultant says dont use any predictor kits as it causes stress and they don't always work just to have regular intercourse 3 times a week

Do you think this is a sign of pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
beta HCG will be helpful.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Dr. Purushottam welcomes you to HCM virtual clinic.
I have gone through your query.
I think I have understood your concern, I will try to suggest you the best possible treatment options.

1) First of all do not panic.

2)I will suggest to clear your doubt about pregnancy by doing blood beta HCG test. If it is negative then you can take Hemostatic tablets after consultation with your doctor. Sometimes it is difficult to know the exact cause of such erratic bleeding.

3) Please continue with a healthy diet and exercise regime.

Please feel free to communicate regarding this issue.

I hope my answer helps you.
Thanks.
Wish you good health.
With regards
Dr Purushottam Neurgaonkar

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 1 hour later
so do you think the chances of pregnancy are high or low?
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy chance almost nil. USG and Gynaecology check up will be helpful

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for appreciating the answer and reverting back to me.

As such chances of pregnancy are almost nil.

But considering the bleeding pattern, USG and clinical gynaec check up will be of help to know the cause of bleeding.

Please do not worry. Things are going to be well.

I hope this answer helps you.
Thanks
Dr Purushottam Neurgaonkar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina