Is recurring of gallstones possible post cholecystectomy?
If gall bladder is removed then impossible to get again.
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query. If gall bladder is removed by surgery (cholecystectomy) then it is not possible to get gall stones again.
If you getting pain and symptoms even after the surgery it can be post cholecystectomial syndrome. this can occur due to sphicter of oddi dysfunction ( sphicter which control bile flow to duodenum) or adhesions from surgery or microstone formation in ducts.
Ultrasound examination of abdomen will be helpful to rule out this. A consultation with your surgeon is well appreciated. Conservative treatment alone is effective in most cases.
What symptoms are you having now?
Let me know if anything not clear.I am happy to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Post cholecystectomy diet changes
- Post cholecystectomy syndrome diet
- Recommended diet post cholecystectomy
- Post cholecystectomy fatigue
- Drugs for post cholecystectomy
- Retained gallstones after cholecystectomy
- Post cholecystectomy diet foods
- Food allergy post cholecystectomy
- Post cholecystectomy and dizziness
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy possible open