Is raw papaya effective in inducing abortion?

Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 16 Feb 2017 in Women's Health
Question: 20 days are over and have no periods I think I have conceived I don't want a baby so I wanted to know what is the process so that miscarriage happen naturally. I am consuming papaya pineapple from kant 4 days wanted to know will it helps
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Raw papaya is known to cause abortion.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to healthcare magic. I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.

In addition to pregnancy, there are several reasons for delay in periods. Therefore first get a pregnancy test done.
If pregnancy is confirmed then you may think of natural methods for abortion.
Eating fresh pineapple, pomegranate and unripe papaya are all known to cause miscarriage. You need to eat daily one unripe papaya/ fresh pineapple ( medium size) until you are successful.

I hope this helps.
If you have further concerns I will be happy to answer.
Best wishes,
Dr Rama
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Ramadevi Wani 1 hour later
Thanks a lot for your reply.But i want to ask how long it will take for and how come I will know about it.it will bleed like a menstrual cycle?
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

There is no clear evidence as to how long it takes to abort with papaya. You need to use it until you have a miscarriage.
If you have miscarriage, you will have bleeding. It will be more than the menstrual bleeding.

My advice to you is if the pregnancy test is positive,consult doctor and take tablets for miscarriage.
Best wishes,
Dr Rama

Best wishes,
Dr Rama