Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

146 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
MD
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Is radiotherapy an effective treatment for reducing the chances of cervical cancer recurrence?

Answered by
Dr.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Practicing since :2001

Answered : 13270 Questions

default
Posted on Sat, 18 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: i had a radical hysterectomy 1-30-2017 ...they said they got it all...but now they want to do radiation and told me I have a 30% chance of it coming back....but I say I have a 70% chance of it not....just wanting your opinion
doctor
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Radiation should be done.

Detailed Answer:
Hello,
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
After a radical hysterectomy all lymph nodes are removed but micrometastasis cannot be detected. We cannot prevent the further spread due to micrometastasis. To avoid any recurrence due to this radiotherapy is done and even after that regular monitoring is needed to detect any early relapse. 30% is still a lot of chance and it is best to reduce the chances of recurrence by radiotherapy.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
doctor
premium_optimized

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Lymph

doctor1 MD

My Occupational Therapy client has increased c/o fatigue when more fluid is removed. Is increased fluid exacerbated by poor diet control? Is this an additional process in addition to the removal of waste products? How is the amount of fluid to be removed determined ? Does the pt lose important aspects of lymph fluid or nutrition with the removal of fluid? Thank you, Murry, OTR/L

doctor1 MD

Hi - I just tasted blood in my mouth, looked in and the right tonsil is a cut and slight blood. Looks like maybe very very small yellow or some spots on that tonsil as well. I've been having sinus drainage I think and allergy issues. No inflamed lymph nodes though. I'm concerned about the cut and blood though.

doctor1 MD

Is it normal for lymph nodes to change size from day-to-day? Yesterday, the doctor told me that my ultrasound showed that the lymph node was benign, and he also cited the fact that it was smaller as another positive sign. However, after walking...

doctor1 MD

swollen area at anus plus lymph node in groin. Are these related?

doctor1 MD

I have a persistent stomachache. I also have fatigue after I eat and have to lay down for 15 minutes and sleep. I have just survived pancreatic cancer. I take TUMS but it does not help. I am on no medication. I have high A1c at6.5 but am watch...

doctor1 MD

I have tenderness -similar to a very tender bruise under my LEFT (not right), breast, and it extends to under my left arm (cancer in lymph nodes?! -hope not). I also got some shooting pains in that area yesterday but today they are gone. I don't feel the tightness of chest described as signs of a heart attack - just the shooting pain that's pretty much gone and the extreme tenderness that persists. I should also add that it feel like there's a kind of numbness all around the left shoulder blade -skin has totally duller sense of feeling than anywhere else. Bad news -I'm a long term smoker. My guess is this is an inflammatory repsonse to plaque buildup in my heart valves/arteries. Whta do you think I should do, (besides not smoking)?

doctor1 MD

hey my brother is having blood in his stool, from last night. he is also suspected for having t.b. he has lymph node swelling in his peri pancreatic region. can u tell me this blood is actually related to t.b? also tell me if he is suspected fort.b or not in real?