Is pulse rate of 58-62 bpm a cause for concern?

Question
Hi.

Silly question probably, but i suffer from anxiety and i need to put my mind at rest. This evening 15 min after having a light dinner i was sitting in bed and decided to check my pulse with a generic pulsoximetere and noticed it was sitting around 58-62. And panic, isn't it to slow. I am 33, 1.83 and 78kg.

Thank you.
Fri, 11 May 2018 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Information.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

I am sorry it has taken so long for one of us to respond to your question. Your pulse is actually very good. In younger people, especially those that are fairly fit, pulse can be in the lower range. With athletes, pulses in the 40s are not uncommon. A pulse of 60 is in the average range, and 58 is fine in someone your age.

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if I can provide further information.