Is prolonged intake of Telmisartan associated with an increased risk of getting cancer?
I am taking telmisartan 80mg + hctz 12.5mg for hypertension for past 10 years..In recent years there have been a safety concerns regarding use of ARBs and increase incidence of some cancers..On contrary many studies suggest that telmisartan is associated with reduced cancer risk as it is a ppar alpha agonist..What is the exact scenario sir?
Should i change telmisartan..Telmisartan has many cardioprotective and reno protection effects a well..
Kindly suggest what is the reality ??
Hello dear. There is no increased risk
Hello dear. I understand your concern. Telmisartan is a good pleomorphic effect drugs and please continue it. The increased risk of cancer is associated with use of other ARBs but not with telmisartan.
There is nothing to worry.
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can liposuction increase risk of disease/cancer?
- Does a hypothyroid increase risk of thyroid cancer
- Wearing boxers increase risk of prostate cancer
- Increased risk of cancer with ectropian cervix
- Risk of getting ovarian cancer due to cyst
- Hypercalcemia associated with cancer
- Cough associated with lung cancer
- Pain associated with prostate cancer
- Is adenomyosis associated with cancer of uterus
- Getting cancer from eating cancerous meat