Is prolonged exposure to asbestos a cause for concern?
very unlikely. it needs prolonged exposure to cause problem
Thanks for posting in HCM.
Any minerals or as its called substance poisons act when they are exposed to a person for prolonged period of time.
That is why people who work in mining, lead industries, certain food factories who are exposed to these toxic agents on daily basis for long periods of time get the dieases caused by these substances.
According to your query doing it once that too a year ago even if done for full day will not have any effect on you.
Body's self defence mechanism is strong enough to fight with these exposures without causing problem to body.
So i would like to advice you that it is highly unlikely that exposure might cause any problem to your health.
I hope i have answered your query well.
If you have any more query kindly write back to me will be happy to answer them.
yes in years
Thanks for following up with me.
Yes when we are talking prolonged exposure i mean by years. That is why people who work in these industries face this problem after years of work.
With exposure of 5 day or even a month would not cause any problem to health.
Plus as you mentioned you are non smoker ehich makes your lungs healthy and have good defence system. Any damage done by asbestos would had been repaired then and then only.
So i do not see the exposure of asbestos of 5 days doing any damage or cause any disease
Any more queries are welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- White asbestos short exposure
- Damage to the skin and underlying tissues caused by prolonged exposure to extreme cold is called
- Asbestos single exposure
- Multiple myeloma and asbestos exposure
- Short term asbestos exposure
- Can prolonged formaldehyde exposure cause diabetes
- Exposure to asbestos while pregnant
- Could the short term exposure to asbestos cause lung disease
- What are the health hazards with asbestos exposure
- Asbestos exposure symptoms