Is progesterone level of 2 nmol/L normal?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I am a 46 year old woman in perimenopause! I had my progesterone tested and it was .2 but I was not told what was normal!! What is normal???
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Normal is below 1.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
In postmenopausal women progesterone levels are low. These can fall below 1ng/ml. In your case the levels are normal in view of post menopause., There is no need to worry.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj