question-icon

Is pressure in the chest and indigestion indicative of a heart-attack?

Posted on Wed, 10 Oct 2018
Question: I have tightness in my chest and it is worse when I lay down. Why would that be? I am 52 female. I also feel as if I have indigestion. Am I having a heart attack? Nothing is acute right now, no sharp pain
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari (28 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Does not look like a cardiac pain.

Detailed Answer:

Cardiac chest pain is non localized and increase on exercise. It has no effect of lying down or standing. So this does not look like a cardiac pain but i would advise you to at least get a 2D Echo and EKG to rule out any possible abnormality.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Sameer Maheshwari,
Cardiologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Sameer Maheshwari

Cardiologist