Is prescription required for Atomoxetine?
It isn't sold as OTC
Hi! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible.
First of all, the information provided seems is quite deficient but based on drug history, I assume you mean to ask about a drug strattera and not scattera, which is a prescription drug like other anti depressants or CNS drugs.
Atomoxetine or strattera may have serious side effects and drug interactions and that is one reason it is sold only after a registered practitioner prescribes considering the safety profile and relevance to the symptoms of the patient.
It's better that if any adverse symptoms are observed due to its non availability, in a patient who has used it in past, it's better to seek a medical facility ER or a psychiatrist review to consider prescribing it again or suggest an alternative but no such alternative is available as OTC.
Hope this has answered your query, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Strattera atomoxetine hydrochloride
- Does pencillin require prescription
- Atomoxetine vs adderall
- Does propecia require a prescription
- Strattera atomoxetine hcl 25 mg
- Does insulin require a prescription
- Is bleeding between periods a side effect of atomoxetine?
- Side effect of atomoxetine
- Does nasonex require a prescription
- Usage of atomoxetine
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?