Is pregnnancy possible when suffering from irregular periods?

Infertility Specialist
Question
I have untreated pituitary adenoma. I am having mens for like every 3-6 months or more that last for 8 days. I had unprotected sex a day after I had my menstruation. Is there any chance that I could get pregnant knowing that even having adenoma I still have menses and really not an amenorrhea?
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply

1. The chances of pregnancy are unlikely if you have irregular and delayed periods as you mentioned.

2. Since you had sex after menstruation it is not possible to get pregnant. Dont worry about it.

3. In spite of having adenoma you can get menses as hormonal changes especially progesterone will be present.

4. No chance of getting pregnant.

5. I hope your treatment for adenoma is underway.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Is pregnnancy possible when suffering from irregular periods? 53 minutes later
I was diagnosed having this adenoma in 2011 but actually my menses gradually stopped when I was 25 yrs old but didnt bother to seek for consultation cause all I know was I am just under stress, though an obgyne did ultrasound and found out that I PCO before I knew about having also an adenoma. I started Dostinex but I dont want the side effects of taking it. I always feel sleepy and very slow and also headache so I stopped taking it, i only took it for 2 weeks. Anyhow, at my age, will I be able to concieve if ever I start the treatment again. Thanks for the info.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Yes. You will be able to conceive. Fertility treatments have advanced now. Don't worry about it.

Give first priority for adenoma treatment.