Is pregnancy possible without sexual intercourse?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi please help me I had dry humping with my gf this happend on 8 XXXXXXX and her periods started on 29 of may , we had oral sex and I touched my penis on her vagina for about 3 to 4 seconds and didnt ejaculated near or on vagina ejaculation was separate in bathroom . She got her proper periods on 28 of XXXXXXX but in july she is late by more than 1 week and this is first time .is she pregnant ?Also she is feeling pain in abdomen and pain while passing urine .we test for pregnancy after periods that is negative twice
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
PREGNANCY IS IMPOSSIBLE.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
I do not think there is any possibility of pregnancy in this case.
I say this with conviction because of the following reasons -
1. You had the sexual encounter on day 11 of her cycle, when ovulation is not likely if she has regular 28 day cycles.
2. Dry humping without ejaculation has no risk of a pregnancy. You had no vaginal penetration at all.
3. She has had a proper period after the encounter.
4. Pregnancy tests are negative.
5. There are various other reasons for a missed period - stress, anxiety, weight changes, exercise, travelling, erratic sleep and diet etc.
Polycystic ovaries and hypothyroidism also can lead to irregular periods.
Please wait for a few days as she is having abdominal pain.
If she does not bleed within the next week, please consult a gynaecologist for internal evaluation - per vaginum and per speculum examination, a pelvic ultrasound scan and hormonal levels - FSH, LH, TSH, Prolactin, OGTT, DHEAS, Free testosterone, Lipid Profile.
All the test
Please feel free to discuss further.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 minutes later
So is any chance of pregnancy ?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NO CHANCE OF PREGNANCY

Detailed Answer:
I already answered that very clearly.
There is no chance of pregnancy.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 13 minutes later
Ok but is urine test accurate after 6- 7 weeks as we did HPT last week with a collection of 4 hour urine sample.
Also what are the chances of getting pregnant from pre cum and how deep penis should be inside for the case ?
Brief Answer:
HPT IS ACCURATE

Detailed Answer:
A urine test is accurate at 6 - 7 weeks without doubt.
Pre cum can cause pregnancy, but there should be total or partial vaginal penetration for that.
Just touching the vulva does not lead to pregnancy.
The main point is that she has had a normal period after that, so why be worried about being pregnant ?
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 5 minutes later
what is the difference between implantation bleed and periods in appearance ?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
DIFFERENCES EXPLAINED

Detailed Answer:
Implantation occurs around 1 week before expected period, a normal period coincides with the expected dates.
Implantation bleeding is more like spotting, lasts only 2 days.
A normal period has proper flow, lasts generally for 3 - 4 days.
After implantation period, HPT is always positive, after a normal period, HPT is negative.
Hope this helped you.