Is pregnancy possible without penetration?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: This question is in relation to pregnsncy. I went to the toilet to urinate and as I left the toilet, my sister went in straight after I had finished. Now my worry Is that i had sex a few hours prior to using the toilet and if there was still sperm in my urethra, and my sister used the toilet straight after me, could she get pregnant if the urine/sperm came in contact with her privates. Now as I was urinating, I was sat in the toilet seat so I'm worried if there sperm on the toilet bowl and my sister came into contact with this after I had finished using the toilet ? So if her privates did touch the fluid in the toilet bowl whilst she was urinating, could this cause pregnsncy or Is this completely impossible ? As I'm aware that pregnsncy without penetration is impossible
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is impossible!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

There is no way that you sister can get pregnant from this. It is impossible and there are just no chances for this to occur. Even in the imaginative world, this is impossible and not a possibility in the real world.

I hope this helps. Stay calm and relaxed about this.
I wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Thanks so without penetration of sperm, pregnamcy not possible ? Secondly if we assume there was small amount of semen in toilet bowl just below the seat, and it did touch her private area ( highly unlikely ) she could still not get pregnsnt even if fluid and her privates touched?? Could sperm not enter via a brief touch ?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
NO

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for following up with me.

NO sperm penetration is equal to no pregnancy! There are no chances that she can get pregnant this way. I have tried to even get the least possible chance to say it is possible but NO.

If one could get pregnant this way, then pregnant would have been the easiest and most rampant occurrence on earth.

She cannot get pregnant this way!
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 3 hours later
Thankyou doc. My worry and thought about this scenario was that sperm can swim even when exposed to air within the semen until dried out so if whilst she was on the toilet and placed herself in the middle, her private area would be no where near the bowl area but if she leant slightly forward and touched the fluid area with her privates, will the sperm and vsgina contact not result in minuscule possibility of pregnsncy. I have this assumption that they could get inside if they are not dried out and there was a slight touch. Or is it the case without penetration speem cannot get inside even if there is contact / touch ?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is not possible!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for following up.

Remember a man who has less than 20million sperms/ml is considered infertile. Could your sister ever get exposed to 20million sperms to talk about her chances of becoming pregnant?

Sperms can swim, but to make it through the entire length of the vaginal, through the cervix, up into the uterus and tubes where fertilization occurs is not possible. Also, she needs to be right on her fertile period. There are just so many factors that that make this impossible.

What I will like to know is do you have any real worries concerning pregnancy?

Hope this helps. I wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 32 minutes later
I suffer from mild ocd which can make me think of the worst case scenario and for some reason, this situation made me extremely anxious for the past few days. Always thinking what if there is that slightly possibility but as you have stated that I have nothing to worry about over a non existent pregnsncy risk. Now what I'm trying to do is completely erase the thought out of my mind
So it is impossible for sperm
To enter and swim all the way up the vagina and fertilise egg without full penetration ? And it's impossible for them to do this on their own (without penetration ), would this correct ? And and finally could they enter the vsgina from just a touch ? These are the points which I need clarification and should put my mind at rest over this. Sorry about this but this scenario has caused me a lot of worry over the past few daye
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
That would be helpful!

Detailed Answer:

I think you are right about the OCD component. Have you ever talked to a psychiatrist about this? They have great ways to help you overcome these troubling and disabling thoughts that invade the quiet space of the mind.

I hope you get to overcome it. I wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 9 minutes later
Thankyou. If you could briefly answer my last 3 questions then that will be final
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
See below!

Detailed Answer:
To enter and swim all the way up the vagina and fertilise egg without full penetration ? Very very impossible.

And it's impossible for them to do this on their own (without penetration ), would this correct ?

Yes, impossible for them to do that all the way through.

And and finally could they enter the vsgina from just a touch ? Unlikely.

Thanks and hope this helps.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 24 hours later
Thanks doctor. To finally clarify , pregnsncy from this scenario is zero, non existent , impossible without any doubt whatsoever ?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it is a non starter!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for following up.

There are no possible chances of getting pregnant. It is zero, nonexistent, impossible, etc.

I hope this helps. Feel free to request for more information now or in future if need be.

I wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 17 hours later
And for pregnsncy to occur requires millions of sperm, I mean after I ejaculated 15 hours previous to this , u must have gone to urinste at least twice ! So therefore any sperm left I'm
My urethra would have surely been a tiny amount, maybe a few thousand if that which makes it impossible and secondly the female vsgina is positioned UPWARDS, so for pregnsncy to take place, a woman surely has to be lying down as sperm cannot swim in an UPWARD direction. Is this correct ? Does sperm die even if by a miracle they entered the vsgina in their own , but the journey to fertilise the egg would surely be an impossible one meaning they would die along the way ?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are absolutely correct!

Detailed Answer:
Your reasoning is correct and tells why getting pregnant is almost impossible.

I hope this helps. I wish you well