Is pregnancy possible with pre-ejaculatory fluid?

Excellent

OBGYN
Question
me and my partner had sex today, i accidently put the tip of my penis in the wrong side of the condom and then flipped it over but i inserted my penis only once in her and pulled back as i thought she might get pragnant with this buit i dont think there was a precum on the tip as i did not ejaculated on the same day before and even urinated and cleaned my penis in the morning while bathing but is there a chance of pregnancy? im stressing out loads.
p:s i ejaculated two days before and urinated on the same morning
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Soumya 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Minimal chances of pregnancy

Detailed Answer:

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

If you have touched condom with penis tip and flipped over, there is definitely chance of pregnancy with precum. The chances are very minimal though. Even if you have ejaculated 2 days early, the precum still contains sperms.

Pregnancy chances are very low, but I will not rule it out completely. I would recommend use of emergency contraceptive drugs in this case if you wish to avoid pregnancy.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Dr. Soumya

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible with pre-ejaculatory fluid? 2 hours later
Its a 3rd day today will the pill still work

Answered by Dr. Soumya 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
To be taken Within 72 hours

Detailed Answer:

Emergency contraceptive pills need to be taken within 72 hours of having intercourse. They are not effective after 72 hours.

I am not sure what exactly are you referring to as 3rd day. So calculate the time from intercourse and decide accordingly.

I hope that clarifies your doubt.

Dr. Soumya

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible with pre-ejaculatory fluid? 1 hour later
Okay so it happend around 5:15 pm on 22nd july ... And she has taken a pill called ipill today at 4:15 .. That means she took it at 71st hour after the time of intercource ... So do we still need to worry .. Or its late ?? Is there still chances of pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Soumya 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Effective

Detailed Answer:

Since you have taken the ipill before 72 hours it will act.

But let me tell you that emergency contraception does provide adequate contraception but it is not hundred percent. Pregnancy chances decrese but still exist.

Dr. Soumya

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible with pre-ejaculatory fluid? 4 days later
Hi
It happened after a week from the last day of my last period .. I got periods on 11th july and ended on 16 th and so is there a possibility i was in my ovulation on 22nd ... I have 30 to 32 days cycle ..and since i took contraceptive pill within 72 hours .. How long could it be effective in my system .. I mean how many days

Answered by Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
About a week

Detailed Answer:

It starts acting as soon as you take the tablets. Remains for about a week but more effective only for a day. Hence wait for your periods as the variations in hormone will cause variation in cycles date this time.

Dr. Soumya

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible with pre-ejaculatory fluid? 44 minutes later
Okay .. Would it be earlier or ltr thn expected time ... And if i got periods on time .. Is that sign that i'm not pregnant.. And could it be possible that i was ovulating on 22nd as i hv 32 days cycle ... And would also like to add when it happened his tip was completely dry there was no precum or anythin it ws dry .. And also he urineted so many times before as i have heard urine kills sperms ..

Answered by Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Dont Worry

Detailed Answer:

It is difficult to predict the preponement or postponement of periods. It depends upon the hormone levels achieved in the body. Don't worry about it if it varies this cycle.

It is possible that there are hardly any sperms left and hence pregnancy chances are minimal moreover after you have taken emergency contraception. The time of intercourse was different from ovulation. You should not worry much about pregnancy.

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible with pre-ejaculatory fluid? 5 days later
Pls help my stomach is aching so much .. What could be the reason .... Its more than usual .. Please reply fast

Answered by Dr. Soumya 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Premenstrual pain

Detailed Answer:
Hi

The pain seems to be due to premenstrual hormonal changes.

You are due to get your periods. Wait for 3 days. If pain is severe you can get antispasmodic medicine from your doctor.

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible with pre-ejaculatory fluid? 49 minutes later
But the pain is different than the pain we get before periods .. Its right in th middle of the stomach .. It comes and goes

Answered by Dr. Soumya 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Gastritis?

Detailed Answer:

Pain in middle of stomach could be due to simple gastritis. Please take an antacid available over the counter and see if it makes difference.

Okay saumya thanks .. I will take it but Could it be a symptom of early pregnancy .. Because it was paining too much last night .. I took a pain killer stl it's paining a little in middle stomach .. Not a constant pain .. It remains for few seconds and goes

Answered by Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Gastritis

Detailed Answer:

It is unlikely to be pregnancy. You should feel better with antacids.

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible with pre-ejaculatory fluid? 2 days later
Hi saumya.
I got got blood flow last night it was verry less than usually i get every time ...and in morning also it was very less ... I'm confused as it's different than everytime No pain at all.... Is it a period or a sign of embryo implantation as i have heard such symptoms haapen when embryo has attached it self to wolb .. Please help

Answered by Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
HI,

This is not a sign of embryo implantation. This is your regular menses.
This happens when there is hormonal variation which is normal.
Dont worry about it.

Thanks saumya .

So if its not emryo implantation then what is it??? I dont seem to be in periods as there's no blood flow now .. And no pains in my stomach too.. If not now then when should expect my periods ... I dont understand whats up
Witj me

Answered by Dr. Soumya 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Serum beta hCG

Detailed Answer:

I think what you have right now is your periods. It is not necessary that there should be pain or excessive bleeding each time.

If you suspect pregnancy get serum beta hCG blood test done which is accurate to predict if there is pregnancy / implantation. It will allay your fears

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible with pre-ejaculatory fluid? 48 hours later
Hey saumya ... Thanks but i dont think i need to go for such tests .. As in morning i got my periods again .. And my belly is paining too .. Nd it has come on expected time .. The the flow is also normal .. So i'm sure now that i'm not pregnant ...and thank u so much u have been a great support for last 15 days ..ur replies made me
Feel relaxed everytime .. Thanks so much for everything god bless u :)

Answered by Dr. Soumya 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please write review

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I am happy that I was able to help you. Please write review about the same.

Dr. Soumya