Is pregnancy possible while on Mirena?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: so I been on my mirena bc over a year now. I did unprotected sex a couple of times because I figured hey I haven't bled sense january last yr. I'm not ovulating. sometimes when I'm way stressed I'll see a, little bit a pink but no full period or spoting or anything. I guess I'm over worrying asking this but theres no way in hell I can get pregnant with this thing in me right? I guess I'm naucious right now because I'm stressing off this but jus wanna be sure. sorry to bug. jus wanna be certain.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The chances are very low.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.

The chances of pregnancy are almost nil in your case as you are on minera birth control.

But if you are feeling nausea and you are not having any period,you should get your home urine pregnancy test done.

Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.

Good luck.