question-icon

Is pregnancy possible while on Duphaston?

Posted on Wed, 20 Jul 2016
Question: Can i conceive while taking duphaston?? Doctor has prescribed duphaston (from my 15th day) for 15 days. i can feel ovulation symptoms while i am on duphaston i.e., around 20th or 21st day. Is there a chance for me to conceive on these days?? I am also planning to take siphene 50 mg tablets from next month to increase my chance of conceiving. Please advice !!
Answered by Dr. Zenab Tambawala (15 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Duphastone only supports

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,
Welcome to HCM,

Duphaston is given to maintain the lining of the womb in the event if a pregnancy occurs.
It just supports the pregnancy rather then causing it.

You need to identify the factor which is making you sub fertile.

Have all your hormonal tests been done already?

The frequent cycles could indicate an ovulation. Has follicular monitoring been done for you before?

Clomiphene with follicular monitoring after ruling out all other causes of infertility would be advisable.

Hope this helps.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. Zenab Tambawala

OBGYN