Is pregnancy possible when diagnosed with hypoplastic uterus and irregular periods?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: can I have baby with hypoplastic uterus & irregular periods
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Spontaneous pregnancy can be difficult

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Pregnancy occur in Hypoplastic uterus if the endometrial thickness is normal and the periods are normal.
Irregular periods can be due to hormonal causes like hypothyroidism, hyperprolactinemia or polycystic ovarian disease. So, if all the causes are ruled out, then spontaneous pregnancy is difficult in hypoplastic uterus.
You may require IVF for pregnancy.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 2 days later
Doctor please give an assurance whether can I have baby or not with hypoplastic uterus & ovary failure.

Its getting improved now with ayurvedic medicine
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chances are there

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
If the menstrual regularity is maintained by drugs, then there is possibility of pregnancy in hypoplastic uterus.
Rest, it depends upon the ovulation, endometrial lining and patency of fallopian tubes.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana