Is pregnancy possible through unprotected sex?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Me and my girlfriend had sex without any precautions one month back.She is getting tensed because she didn't get periods yet.
How can I confirm whether she is pregnant or not.And is it possible to avoid pregnancy now with any pills.Is it legal to avoid pregnancy for an unmarried women with her approval in XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is legal. Medicines available. Test first. Home kit available.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

There are home test kits to detect pregnancy. Drops of urine can be put and it would be indicated whether she is pregnant. It is possible to use post exposure hormonal pills to get rid of a pregnancy, if it has occurred. It is legal in XXXXXXX to terminate pregnancy before 20 weeks of pregnancy, provided that there are valid indications for the same. Of course, it has to be done with the approval of the female partner.