Is pregnancy possible through unprotected sex during menstruation?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: I had unprotected sex (On 20th March) when my periods had just began, very little bleeding was there.I took "I pill "within 24 hours on 21st March.I had my periods from next day but flow was less as compared to earlier periods.I am worried. Plz suggest is there any chance I could be pregnant.I did preganancy test today (31st Mar) , It was negative.But still I am stressed.By when I ll have my next periods.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No chance of pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Intercourse during periods will not lead to pregnancy.
Moreover, since you took I pill within24 hours, chances of pregnancy are almost nil.
The next periods are usually delayed by2-3 weeks from the expected date, if you have taken I pill.
I suggest you not to worry.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN