Is pregnancy possible through protected intercourse?

Dr. S Patra

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Fri, 10 Apr 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: Today we had dry humping..i was on my underwear but she was not wearing anything..i was lying down and she was on top of me and i inserted my penis but it was inside my underwear....my penis went little inside...bt i did nt cum...i jus had precum but she had her orgasm...now i am tensed that if she gets pregnent...is there any need of taking unwanted 72...after 10days she will hav her period...what to do please guide us....we didnt had direct contact...it was inside my underwear...i heard sperm cannot pass through fabrics...
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No chance of pregnancy. No need of unwanted 72.

Detailed Answer:

Don't be much worried. In above sexual activity, she has NO chance of pregnancy as there was NO direct sexual intercourse or ejaculation inside vagina. Sperm dies soon after ejaculation on the clothes.

I suggest to await for next coming period and there is NO need to take Unwanted 72 unnecessarily. It may cause ill-health effect. Be stress free.

Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and practice safe sex in future.

Dr S Patra

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. S Patra 12 hours later
Sir,my penis went inside and she had her orgasm..and after i took out some white substance was there outside my underwear and i had precum inside my underwear...so i am little worried...
Answered by Dr. S Patra 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Don't be worried. No chance of pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for follow up query.

As your precum was inside the underwear (no proper ejaculation inside vagina), then there is NO chance of pregnancy despite of little physical contact.

Sperm can't traverse fabric clothes and dies soon after ejaculation outside the body. Don't be worried much.

Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion.

All the best and good luck.

Dr S Patra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Follow up: Dr. S Patra 7 minutes later
Ok sir thank you...
Sir can you suggest XXXXXXX medicine or any remedy to control thyroid and what food should be taken...can thyroid be taken down...my girfriend hav thyroid and she is taking thyroid 100...suggest plz
Answered by Dr. S Patra 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need some information.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for additional query.

Yes, hypothyroid state can be improved with medicine and food stuff or diet. Do regular exercise to control body weight.

What is her current serum TSH level ??

When she does thyroid profile lastly ? Attach test reports.

Dr S Patra