Is pregnancy possible through protected intercourse in a PCOS patient?
Extremely low channce. Do home pregnancy test.
Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:
1) PCOS patient might get pregnant through protected sex with condom. Though, chance is very minimal or extremely LOW due to improper ovulation.
2) I suggest to undergo one home pregnancy test to clear doubt and review with test result for next management.
Hope I have answered your query. Wish your good health and take care.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
As you suggested I did the pregnancy test and it came out as negative. Actually I never experienced much delay in periods it used to come every month the only problem I get is scanty periods, but only this month it didn't came so I thought pregnancy might be a reason. So now does the reason of my delay of periods is because of pcos ????
PCOS may be the cause of late period.
Thanks for your update.
Beside pregnancy, delayed period may be due to extra mental stress or emotional upset, PCOS itself, hormonal imbalance, weight gain, irregular diet pattern etc.
Some investigation should be done like pelvic ultrasound scan, complete hormone profile (LH/ FSH, estrogen, progesterone, androgen, DHEAS, prolactin, thyroid level, Hb% etc). If you have done these tests recently, then you can attach them for suggestion.
Take LOW carbohydrate diet, IRON supplements, control body weight through regular exercise and maintain genital hygiene. Be stress free by regular yoga or meditation.
Oral contraceptive pill and Metformin may be required to regularize your cycle and improve period bleeding. You should consult with your doctor regarding this.
Hope, it helps for your information. Good luck and take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bleeding after protected intercourse
- Protected intercourse swollen mucous membrane std
- Protected intercourse condom failure taking birth control chances of pregnancy
- Painless bumps in vagina had protected intercourse will this spread
- Had protected intercourse with sex worker chances of std
- Cramping after protected intercourse
- What are the chances of pregnancy after protected intercourse
- Have irregular periods had partially protected intercourse pregnancy chance
- Prostatitis in protected intercourse
- Pcos dark brown spotting abdominal cramps backache protected intercourse