Is pregnancy possible through pre-ejaculatory fluid?

Dr. Nishikant Shrotri

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 14 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hello, I just lost my virginity yesterday to my boyfriend. I noticed this morning there was a brown discharge coming out of me? He never came inside of me- and we did use a condom but it broke-I think there was only precum inside of the condom. I was also using vcf- but could this brown discharge be a sign of implantation???
Answered by Dr. Nishikant Shrotri 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Defloration bleeding

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

I hope I have spelt your name correctly; if not please correct me.

This was your first ever experience of sexual intercourse. So the bleeding or blood mixed discharge you are having is most likely to be due to the defloration.

From birth, a thin delicate fibromuscular septum called as Hymen is present at the vaginal opening. During first intercourse, Hymen gets ruptured causing some amount of bleeding. The hymen may get ruptured totally if the penile insertion is complete, else, it may get torn slowly over few intercourses. This rupture of Hymen is known as defloration.

Since the condom ruptured during intercourse and it contained precum, you have to take precaution to prevent pregnancy. Precum does contain sufficient amount of sperms which can cause pregnancy.

Please take Plan B emergency post coital contraceptive pill like I-pill or Postinor 72 within 72 hours of the intercourse. This is a very reliable and successful method of avoiding accidental pregnancy due to unprotected intercourse. After taking this pill, you may experience some amount of little bleeding; not an issue of concern. Even the following period may get delayed by few days to a week.

To avoid such incidences in future, please instruct your boyfriend to put on the condom only after removing complete air from the tit of condom by holding it in pinch.

If you wish to have any more information, I am always available for you, XXXX. Meanwhile, you may post a good review with 5 start rating for me.

Dr. Nishikant Shrotri
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad