Is pregnancy possible through non-penetrative sex?

Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: hi there, i am very scared, basically, i am a virgin and about 5 days a go, i was sexually active with my partner. he didn't penerate into my vagina, but was rubbing around my vagina. i am worried that i might be pregnant. am i over thinking.
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of pregnancy is almost nil.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns.

When was your last period? The first and last week of period cycle are safe. If the day you had sex falls within this safe period then you need not worry at all. There is no chance for pregnancy.

The precum also contains some sperms. Therefore although your partner did not ejaculate inside you, there is a extremely slim possibility of pregnancy if you have had sex in the fertile period. Get a pregnancy test done, if you miss your period.

I hope this is helpful.
If you have further concerns, do write to me.

Best wishes,
Dr Rama

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Ramadevi Wani 1 hour later
Thanks for answering my question.

as we speak now my last period (if counted from day one) was 12 days ago. now i was sexually active on the 9th day (counting from day one of my period. my period last about 5 days and my cycle normally is 28 days.) i do monitor my cycle as i have an app that tells me when am ovulating (which is in 3 days) and my period is in 17 days.

sorry another question, when you said 'The first and last week of period cycle are safe' do you mean the first week after your period (meaning 5 days of bleeding) or does the 5 days of bleeding account as the 7 days if period cycle
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Though rare there are instances of pregnancy documented with precum fluid

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

So it means that you were sexually active during fertile period.

Though very rare there are instances of pregnancy documented with precum fluid.
That is the reason I said that get a pregnancy test done if you miss your period.
When I say first week of period it means the week starting from first day of bleeding.

If you have further concerns, I will be happy to answer.
Best wishes,
Dr Rama