Is pregnancy possible through non-penetrative sex?

Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I got of periods in a gap of exact 14 days..... on the 7th day of my last period me and my boyfriend were naked ....after I told him about the chances of pregnancy we put our underwears on...... I'm worried if I'm pregnant. ....
His semen was on my thighs and I cleaned it immediately. .....
I read few posts on the internet which says vaginal bleeding is an early sign of pregnancy...... it is possible that I'm pregnant ? Please help me as soon as possible
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
HI
GREETINGS
If your cycles are regular then having sex within 7 days of menses is safe as you are on safe dates.
In your case ,you never had a penetrative intercourse nor semen got inside your vagina.So no need of i pill.I mentioned only for this episode.
Hope you are convinced. I pill should not be taken frequently. only in emergency.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 43 minutes later
yesterday i met with an accident and got a blow on my stomach can this bleeding be due to this . im having a bright red watery bleeding ....
im also a polycystic ovaries syndrome patient so is it alright to get periods in a gap of 14 to 15 days?
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Spotting

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Greetings
Is it bleeding like periods or only spotting.?
There can be spotting during ovulation,which can happen 14 days prior to expected date of menses.
Bleeding following accident is unlikely from inside normal uterus.
Such a blow should cause other injuries.It cannot be even pregnancy .
If it is bleeding like periods consult a gynaecologist and get an ultrasound scan to rule out any abnormalities because of PCOS.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 1 hour later
im not able to differentiate but its a bright red watery flow ... im having little cramps..... there is not much clots .
i have used a pad from morning and it is almost full..
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Spotting

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Greetings
I don't know with out examining you the severity of accident.Is your urine clear.?
If it is bleeding again ,better to have a gynaec check up.
I don't think it is pregnancy related.