Is pregnancy possible through intercourse immediately after menstruation?

Dr. Nagamani Ng

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: am in a country where emergency contraception banned. I had sex at 7am and now it is 12pm the condom split. My period ended yesterday please advise what to take

I have bought XXXXXXX tablets contains drosporenone 3000 mg ethinylestradiole 0.030mg - will this witk and if so how do i take them and what gurabtee does it give? Also can i take aspirin too slong side ?
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need of any tablet.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX,

Thanks for posting the query.
Don't be too much tensed of conceiving. As you have finished the cycles yesterday only the risk is very low. If you have regular cycles the chances of conception is from day 8 to day 20. Don't take any emergency pill, just be relaxed.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 13 minutes later
Onfeel
More comfortable if i take something i heard i can take the 4 XXXXXXX tablets and aftwr 12 hours another 5 is that ok ?
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX is not an emergency contraceptive.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the follow up.
XXXXXXX is not an emergency contraceptive. It is a full cycle 21 tablets to be taken every day from the day 5 of your cycle. there is no evidence of it in emergency cases. And having so many tablets may have side effects like stroke and blood clotting.
Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 10 minutes later
So what can i take as an alternative as i cannot gt wmergency contraception here e
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
vitamin c.

Detailed Answer:
There is no other alternative medicine for emergency contraceptive. There are some research telling Vitamin C intra vaginal for 3 days kills the sperm. But i am totally unaware of it, and have never used in my practice.
I suggest you to not take any thing as you are 100% risk free.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj