Is pregnancy possible post intercourse on day seven of the menstrual cycle?

Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: What are the chances at getting pregnant on day 7 of your cycle. There was no ejaculation inside. Cycle is 30 days long. I understand there is always a chance but I am looking for more concrete comments/response. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chances are very very small,almost zero

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear and thanks for your query to healthcare magic.

I have read your question carefully and understand your concern.

If your cycle is regular and is every 20 days chances to conceive on day 7 of your cycle is very very small ,almost zero.
Chances are almost zero because ovulation happen on the middle of cycle or two weeks before the next period and this is the period that women can concieve .

Hence there is nothing to worry because:
you have had intercourse away from the fertile window
your partner haven't ejaculated inside you.

Hope I was helpful and please feel free for further discussion.

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 1 hour later
Thank you. Did you mean to say that my cycle is 30 days ? you wrote 20).

I read that people can ovulate early without knowing, what are the chances of that happening if my cycle is regular? Also, what about pre-ejaculation fluid?(
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explanation is given below....

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear again!

If your cycle is regular every 30 day than there are no chances to ovulate early ,because women's body need a minimal time of 12-14 days to grow -up an ovocyte.
Hence be calm .

Hope I was helpful and please feel free for further question.

Best regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 4 hours later
Thank you so much for calming me down. Can you please explain how some women ovulate early if it takes 12 to 14 days to grow up an ovocyte. Also couldthere have been sperm in any pre ejaculation fluid. Thsnk you again.
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Vary from the longest of the menstrual cycle

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear gain!

I understand you that under stress but please be calm because excess stress is very negative for your body.

Ovulation can take place early in women with short cycle ( every 21 days or in women) or in women with irregular cycle .

Meanwhile your cycle is regular and every 30 days ,it means that ovulation need time to take place,it can't happen earlier.

Best regards